This launch guide provides a quick overview of LearnDesk and how it can benefit you.
Table of Contents
- Frequently asked questions
- What can I sell?
- Who owns my content?
- How can I price my programs?
- How do I get paid?
- How much money can I make?
- Can I teach in different languages?
- How does LearnDesk promote programs?
- How does LearnDesk make money?
- Can I sell to companies and organizations through LearnDesk?
- Can you show me the system?
- LearnDesk Software
- LearnDesk Marketplace
- LearnDesk Pricing
- Next steps
- Why use LearnDesk?
Thank you for your interest in using LearnDesk. If you are a teacher, a coach, or a training company, if you have the mandate to educate, if you like to share knowledge and information, if you are a book author or a YouTuber who wants to monetize your audience or grow a following, you have come to the right place today.
LearnDesk started in 2016. We are based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a teacher enablement company. We work with teachers, coaches, training companies, YouTubers, and book authors all over the world. Over 20,000 teachers, coaches, training companies, creators, and book authors use LearnDesk. We have done a couple of things at LearnDesk:
- Software: We provide software infrastructure for teaching. What we have found is that teaching, coaching, learning, and training happen in many different ways. So we provide systems that enable you. For example, if you teach live, we provide scheduling systems, material sharing systems, payment processing systems with very specific use cases, a text reminder system, etc. If you teach or coach through recorded classes, we provide a learning management system (LMS). You can sell ebooks, documents, digital products, and even monthly memberships.
- Marketplace: We provide a marketplace. Several million people use LearnDesk every month. We can help you gain visibility for what you do. You can reach out to a lot of people and grow your business by tapping into LearnDesk users. We market live programs, recorded classes, webinars, ebooks, and memberships in over 1,000 different topics. There is support built for products in over 50 languages. If you sell to companies and organizations, your work can be added to our enterprise catalog which is focused on employee upskilling programs.
Through this launch guide, we will provide details on both the infrastructure we provide and the marketplace. We will help you better understand why so many people decide to use LearnDesk.
As a quick note, if you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link. Also, please attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link. Our team does daily demos where we can show you the solution in a live setting and answer your questions. If you like the solution you can request a 10% discount during your meeting and get started right away at the discounted price.
Frequently asked questions
We first address the most frequent questions related to LearnDesk.
What can I sell?
You can create, sell or distribute the following using LearnDesk:
- Live classes, coaching, training, webinars, and workshops that are held live online or in-person/on-premise/physically.
- Pre-recorded classes and programs with video, audio, documents, and text. This also includes talk recordings, documentaries, etc.
- Digital downloadable learning content including ebooks, documents, presentations, assessments, etc.
- Bundles and memberships including recurring subscriptions.
Details are available here.
Who owns my content?
By using LearnDesk you are not transferring us your intellectual property rights. You retain ownership and are free to sell your programs anywhere else. We don't buy your content or hire you. We enable you to build a business out of the knowledge you have through the software we provide and the marketplace. Read more here.
How can I price my programs?
You set your prices. For example, you can distribute content for free, sell for a dollar, or sell for a thousand dollars. You choose the price and how you want your customer to pay. Options include one-time payments, recurring subscriptions, and payment plans. Customers can pay you through credit or debit card, bank transfer, Apple Pay or Google Pay, etc. Support is provided for over 70 currencies. You can set country-specific prices. For example, you can set different prices for your customers in the US, Europe, and Asia. LearnDesk enables you to easily process payments and generate predictable revenue.
How do I get paid?
You receive a 100% revenue share for all sales. LearnDesk does not charge a per-student or per-customer fee from you. You can link a bank account and get paid within 24-72 hours of all sales. You can also get paid via PayPal. Additional information is available here.
How much money can I make?
There is no upper limit on how much money you can make. We have a lot of teachers, coaches, training companies, YouTubers, and book authors that make anywhere from high hundreds to thousands of dollars a month using LearnDesk. We provide the necessary tooling to run a teaching business and provide exposure through our marketplace to enable you to gain visibility.
Can I teach in different languages?
LearnDesk is multi-lingual. You can build, deliver, and sell live classes and recorded programs in over 50 different languages. All major languages of the world are supported. The complete interface for the customer from buying to accessing the programs can be configured in different languages.
How does LearnDesk promote classes and programs?
LearnDesk promotes classes, programs, and content to several million people a month. We market and promote in the following ways:
- Ads: We run targeted ads for the website, categories, and individual classes.
- Search: Our content layout is designed to be SEO-friendly and LearnDesk programs show up when people search on Google, Bing, etc.
- Enterprise Catalog: We work with the learning and development (L & D) centers of large organizations to license programs.
Additional information is available here.
How does LearnDesk make money?
Teachers, coaches, training companies, authors, or creators pay us yearly or lifetime fees to use LearnDesk. We also provide other software that integrates with LearnDesk e.g. email and text marketing tools, storage/streaming systems, compliance tooling for professional education, etc. LearnDesk is growing rapidly as there are 100 million teachers in the world and most are going to use software systems to teach in the next few years. The pandemic greatly accelerated that move. Pricing information is available here.
Can I sell to companies and organizations through LearnDesk?
LearnDesk promotes classes, programs, and content to companies, organizations, and institutions to help with their Learning and Development (L & D) needs through the Enterprise Catalog Sales Program. Read more here.
Can you show me the system?
Our team does daily demos where we can show you the solution in a live setting and answer your questions. Book a demo meeting using this link.
This section provides an overview of the software that LearnDesk offers.
What we have found is that learning happens in many different ways. So LearnDesk built an extensive software infrastructure within our marketplace to cover hundreds of use cases of teaching, coaching, training, and learning. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk.
LearnDesk provides an end-to-end system that enables you to launch your own academy or school. Within your academy, you could be a one-person business or have a team. The system enables you to teach live in-person or online, through recorded programs, provide digital content, offer memberships, etc. You can link a bank account to receive payments to a business or personal account.
Live instruction features enable you to organize classes and programs where you meet with your customers on a recurring basis (e.g. weekly, twice a week, monthly, etc.), organize sessions and schedule coaching clients, and run workshops, events, or boot camps. The system includes scheduling, payment processing, reminders via email/text, and material sharing. Capabilities include:
- Sales pages: Building beautiful sales pages that include multiple pricing options.
- Scheduling: Customers can select recurring program schedules that work for them.
- Single sessions: Customers can book 1-1 time on your calendar for coaching sessions or single-session programs.
- Event scheduling: You can organize in-person as well as online workshops through Zoom, Teams, or other conferencing systems in groups of various sizes.
- Material sharing: A secure material-sharing system is included for you to share documents, videos, and lessons of various kinds to supplement your live classes.
- Quizzes: Functionality is included to build and deliver quizzes.
- Progress tracking: Analytics and progress can be tracked from within the system.
LearnDesk includes end-to-end software support to build, organize and sell live programs of various kinds. Please attend a demo of LearnDesk to see its capabilities and ask questions.
Recorded Classes, Digital Products, and Bundles
Recorded class features include a learning management system (LMS) that enables you to deliver video, audio, text, documents, quizzes, and flashcard lessons through the system. Capabilities include:
- Build curriculum: Hierarchical organization of video, audio, and lessons into sections and modules.
- Audio lessons: Ability to do audio lessons and audio classes.
- Drip content: The timed release of lessons at regular intervals through drip content functionality.
- Digital products: Ability to sell digital products such as ebooks, documents, assessments, presentations, PDFs, files, etc.
- Memberships: Ability to create bundles and memberships.
Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link to view the system and get answers to your questions: LearnDesk Demo.
Other software features
A variety of other tools are integrated to enable you to launch your own school or online academy. They include:
- Discounting: Coupons and built-in discounting system for your programs.
- Sell on your website: A widget that enables you to embed your programs on your website so that you can sell your LearnDesk programs on your own website.
- Multi-lingual: Multi-lingual support within the website embed widget with more than 50 languages supported.
- Dashboards: Orders and revenue tracking dashboards with refund processing and cancellation controls.
- Contact information: Customer contact data is made available and downloadable.
- Onboard your team: Team support is provided. You can add multiple teachers, trainers, coaches, or authors to your team. Team members can collaborate on classes or teach individually. Various roles are supported. All payments get routed to a single business bank account.
- Email and Text Marketing: Email and text marketing software is provided that can integrate within your LearnDesk.
- Responsive Design: LearnDesk's responsive web design works on all devices and for all screen sizes. This enables your customers to buy and learn from you on the go. For example, this is the mobile phone view for a recorded class.
To summarize, LearnDesk provides an end-to-end system that enables you to launch your own academy or school and covers hundreds of use cases of teaching, coaching, training, and learning. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk. Sign up for a demo of LearnDesk here: LearnDesk Demo.
This section provides an overview of the LearnDesk Marketplace.
Along with extensive software, LearnDesk offers a marketplace that enables you to reach out to more people and grow your business. Several million people use LearnDesk and we can help you gain visibility for what you do.
The following are the main features of the LearnDesk Marketplace:
- Store-front: The front end of the marketplace enables users to browse through live programs, recorded classes, products, and bundles. Programs are organized into seven top-level categories covering a wide range of topics from Academics to Software.
- Categorization: Each of the top-level categories is further segregated into sub-categories and topics. For example, the Personal Development category has a Learning sub-category. The Learning sub-category has programs in various topics from Face Reading to Study Skills. Overall there are about 1,000 topics being taught. LearnDesk is adding between 10-20 new topics every month so we can add new categories for you.
- Profiles: Profiles can be built for the teacher/coach as well as your school to portray your expertise and brand.
- Multi-lingual: LearnDesk Marketplace operates in over 50 different languages. You can put together programs in any major language in the world. The complete customer experience can be customized to be multi-lingual.
- The following are the key marketplace demographics:
- Age groups: 24-40 (40%), 40-65 (25%), 18-24 (15%), and others (20%)
- Gender: Women (60%), Men (40%)
- Location: North America (25%), Europe (30%), Asia (25%), and the Rest of the world (20%)
- The average transaction value for paid products on LearnDesk is around $98.
- Successful models include monthly subscriptions for weekly live classes in the $200 range, multi-day workshops in the $1,000 range per participant, video-only programs in the $50 range, and digital products in the $10 range.
- LearnDesk promotes the marketplace to several million people a month through:
- Ads: Targeted ads for LearnDesk, categories, and individual classes.
- Search: LearnDesk programs show up when people search on Google, Bing, etc. We handle the SEO optimization of your sales pages.
- Enterprise Catalog: We work with the learning and development (L & D) centers of large organizations to license programs that focus on employee upskilling. More information is here.
To summarize, LearnDesk provides a global marketplace to help you gain visibility and find more customers for your work.
Extensive support is included with your LearnDesk membership:
Our team is available 6 days a week to meet with you 1-1 over Zoom to help you get started using LearnDesk and answer questions.
Every Thursday, twice a day, LearnDesk provides live training on all aspects of our software. We will train you and your team on using LearnDesk through the LearnDesk Bootcamp. We can also train you in a 1-1 if you are unable to attend the Bootcamp. A recorded version is also made available.
We can help you migrate your content and students over from any existing software system or LMS that you may be using.
Scheduled Zoom and online chat support are available 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Our product experts are available during your schedule to help you resolve technical issues.
Along with driving traffic to your programs through the marketplace, LearnDesk offers extensive insights into buying behavior of our users. A 1-hour overview (Marketing Fundamentals), a 4-week program (Marketing Success), and a 3-month program (Marketing Incubator) focussed on B2B selling are included.
LearnDesk is priced so that any teacher, coach, training company, author, or creator can afford it. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. If you are in the US, the price is $299.95 a year or $749.95 for a lifetime of LearnDesk core features. Country-specific pricing information is available here: LearnDesk Pricing. The lifetime option provides a guaranteed 100% Marketplace Payout Rate and benefits for life with one payment.
- If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team, please book a slot using this link.
- Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link: LearnDesk Demo.
- Prepare a list of questions for your 1-1 meeting. You can email questions in advance to email@example.com.
- Upgrade your account using this link and email firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund of 10% to your payment method.
- Explore LearnDesk: https://www.learndesk.us
Why use LearnDesk?
The following are the top 5 reasons to use LearnDesk:
- The Best Teaching Software: It's simply the best software system out there for teachers, coaches, training companies, and book authors. You will save time, easily process payments and generate predictable revenue by using LearnDesk.
- Marketing Support: Tap into the millions of people who visit LearnDesk and become a part of a collective of teachers, trainers, and coaches to gain visibility. Each view that you receive is worth $2 - $3 as that's how much it costs to do promotions on your own through Ads or SEO.
- Build a Real Business: Get a 100% revenue share for everything that you sell. Set your own prices. Get paid instantly. LearnDesk is better than selling on your own website, without the need to maintain it, and you get help with marketing.
- Easy to Use: A single integrated system that provides end-to-end support from software to marketing without the need to hire an IT person, admin staff, or perform complex technical integrations. Support is available 24 hours a day.
- Affordable: Every teacher, coach, training company, and book author in the world can afford to buy and benefit from using LearnDesk. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. See pricing information here: LearnDesk Pricing.
See the solution in action yourself: Book a Demo
Listen to what teachers, coaches, trainers, and book authors say about LearnDesk.
Steve is the founder of the Seidel Agency and MorePayingPatients.com.
"We were working with other platforms like Kajabi, Thinkific, and it just wasn't a good fit. LearnDesk has been super supportive. The customer service is great. They helped us migrate content, bringing it from another platform to their platform. We have gotten great feedback from our clients. I highly suggest you use LearnDesk." - Steve Seidel
Table of Contents (↑)
Steve is the founder and executive director of a non-profit called STEPS Ministries. STEPS Ministries works to help people improve their lives and prevent addiction.
"If you are building courses, I will recommend that you check out LearnDesk. LearnDesk has been very valuable to us along our journey of sharing our knowledge with others. LearnDesk is distinctly different. They are there to help you be successful and not just sell you products and services." - Steve Ward
Elizabeth is a professional instructional systems designer for the last 30 years currently teaching trauma-informed care and instructional design.
"Of all the platforms I have ever tinkered with across the internet for putting up my courses and hosting them, LearnDesk, and their training is the best, most robust, and grounded in the field of education, which is huge because there is a better chance of it being effective learning." - Elizabeth Power
Dr. Richard Blonna
Dr. Blonna is a retired college professor who sells self-help books, training, and online coaching.
"My only regret is that I didn't start working with LearnDesk sooner. LearnDesk provides much more than hosting, marketing, and selling courses. LearnDesk makes setting up subscriptions a snap. I can build a true sales funnel on one platform with LearnDesk. Please checkout LearnDesk." - Dr. Richard Blonna
Our users have consistently rated us very highly over years. There are a ton of other video testimonials and reviews available at this link.
LearnDesk provides an end-to-end solution from software to marketing to teach, coach, and monetize your audience. If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link or attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link.