This launch guide provides a quick overview of LearnDesk for Authors and how it can benefit you. If you are not an Author, please pick a different option on this page.
Table of Contents
- How do Authors use LearnDesk?
- LearnDesk Software
- LearnDesk Marketplace
- LearnDesk Pricing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Next Steps
- Why use LearnDesk?
Thank you for your interest in using LearnDesk. If you are a book author, if you want to sell more books, self-publish new editions, sell e-books and provide supplementary materials related to your books, if you want to engage and monetize your readers by organizing talks, events, workshops, learning programs, or meetings, if you want to share knowledge or your opinions with the world and get paid for doing that, you have come to the right place today.
LearnDesk started in 2016. We are based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. LearnDesk enables book authors all over the world. Over 20,000 customers use LearnDesk to teach. We provide a couple of different things:
- Software: We provide an extensive software infrastructure for authors. We provide systems that enable you. For example, an e-book and digital product distribution system, scheduling systems to organize talks, events, workshops, and 1-1 sessions with your audience, a payment processing system, a text reminder system, and email marketing systems are provided, etc. A learning management system (LMS) is provided to deliver videos, documents, supplementary materials, audio guides, digital products, and build quizzes or assessments.
- Marketplace: We provide a marketplace. Several million people use LearnDesk every month on a global basis. We can help you gain visibility. We market digital products such as e-books, events, live programs, recorded programs, videos, and memberships in over 1,000 different topics and in more than 50 languages.
Through this launch guide, we will provide details on both the infrastructure we provide and the marketplace. We will help you better understand why so many authors use LearnDesk. As a quick note, if you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link. Also, please attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link. Our team does daily demos where we can show you the solution and answer your questions.
How do Authors use LearnDesk?
Authors use LearnDesk to:
- Self-publish e-books.
- Provide supplementary materials for your books.
- Deliver videos, documents, audio guides, and quizzes/assessments for your book.
- Process payments from their customers directly.
- Engage your readers with live events, talks, workshops, and meetings.
- Deliver pre-recorded programs with video, audio, and documents.
- Build an email and phone list of their readers.
- Reach out to a wider audience, globally.
This section provides an overview of the software that LearnDesk offers.
LearnDesk provides an extensive software infrastructure for authors to publish new material, as well as to engage and monetize their audience. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk.
- E-books: Self-publish your books electronically.
- Audiobooks: Sell audiobooks.
- Guidebooks: Provide supplementary digital materials such as guidebooks or summaries for your books.
- Tools: Provide electronic tools such as spreadsheets, templates, and files for your books.
- Study Guides: Sell supplementary guides for your books.
- Handouts and worksheets: Provide extra handouts and worksheets for your books.
- Resources: Provide supplementary resources for your books.
- New editions: Self-publish new editions of your books.
Live program features enable you to organize events, meetings, and programs where you meet with your customers on a recurring basis (e.g. weekly, twice a week, monthly, etc.), organize individual sessions, and run workshops, events, or boot camps. The system includes scheduling, payment processing, reminders via email/text, and material sharing. Capabilities include:
- Sales pages: Building beautiful sales pages that include multiple pricing options.
- Scheduling: Customers can select recurring program schedules that work for them.
- Single sessions: Customers can book 1-1 time on your calendar for single-session programs.
- Event scheduling: You can organize in-person or online workshops.
- Material sharing: A secure material-sharing system is included for you to share documents, videos, and lessons of various kinds to supplement your programs.
- Quizzes: Functionality is included to build and deliver quizzes.
Recorded class features include a learning management system (LMS) that enables you to deliver video, audio, text, documents, quizzes, and flashcard lessons through the system. Capabilities include:
- Audiobooks: Create a recorded audio program consisting of various audio recordings e.g. chapters from your books.
- Videos: Deliver individual videos.
- Build recorded curriculum: Hierarchically organize video, audio, and lessons into modules.
- Bundles: Ability to create bundles and memberships.
Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link to view the system and get answers to your questions: LearnDesk Demo.
LearnDesk includes end-to-end software support to build, organize and sell live programs of various kinds. Please attend a demo of LearnDesk to see its capabilities and ask questions.
LearnDesk provides extensive support for payment processing. You can link a bank account through Stripe and receive payments directly in 24-48 hours for each transaction. Your customers can pay you through various means including:
- Card payments: All major card types and issuers are supported.
- Bank transfers: Customers can pay through bank transfer.
- Subscriptions: You can set up subscriptions and automatic billing at various intervals.
- Sales Tax and VAT: Sales Tax and VAT can be automatically collected.
- Trial Periods: Trials can be set up for customers.
Support is also provided for payment plans. Klarna, Afterpay, and local payment gateway integrations are available in select locations. Over 70 currencies are supported. Your customers can also pay you through Apple Pay, Google Pay, WeChat Pay, etc.
Other software features
A variety of other tools are integrated to enable you to launch your own school or online academy. They include:
- Discounting: Coupons and discounts for your programs.
- Sell on your website: A widget that enables you to embed and sell your programs through your website.
- Multi-lingual: Multi-lingual support within the website embed widget with more than 50 languages supported.
- Build lists: Customer contact data is made available enabling you to build email and phone lists of your audience.
- Onboard your team: Team support is provided. You can add multiple authors to your team. Team members can collaborate on programs.
- Email and Text Marketing: Email and text marketing software is provided that can integrate within your LearnDesk.
- Responsive Design: LearnDesk's responsive web design works on all devices and for all screen sizes. This enables your customers to buy and learn from you on the go. For example, this is the mobile phone view for a recorded class.
To summarize, LearnDesk provides an end-to-end system for authors to sell more and engage their audience. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk. Sign up for a demo of LearnDesk here: LearnDesk Demo.
This section provides an overview of the LearnDesk Marketplace. Along with extensive software, LearnDesk offers a marketplace that enables you to reach out to more people and grow your business. Several million people use LearnDesk and we can help you gain visibility for what you do. The following are the main features of the LearnDesk Marketplace:
- Store-front: The front end of the marketplace enables users to browse through digital products, live programs, recorded classes, and bundles. Programs are organized into seven top-level categories covering a wide range of topics from Academics to Software.
- Categorization: Each of the top-level categories is further segregated into sub-categories and topics. There are programs available in about 1,000 topics. About 10-20 new topics are added every month so we can add new categories for you.
- Profiles: Profiles can be built for the author to portray your work and brand.
- Multi-lingual: LearnDesk Marketplace operates in over 50 different languages. You can put together programs in any major language in the world. The complete experience can be customized to be multi-lingual.
- The following are the key marketplace demographics:
- Age groups: 24-40 (40%), 40-65 (25%), 18-24 (15%), and others (20%)
- Gender: Women (60%), Men (40%)
- Location: North America (25%), Europe (30%), Asia (25%), and the Rest of the world (20%)
- The average transaction value for paid products on LearnDesk is around $98.
- Successful models include digital products in the $10 -$25 range, video programs in the $50 range, monthly subscriptions for weekly live meetings in the $200 range, and multi-day workshops in the $1,000 range per participant.
LearnDesk is priced so that any Author can afford it. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. If you are in the US, the price is $199.95 a year or $499.95 for a lifetime of LearnDesk core features. Country-specific pricing information is available here: LearnDesk Pricing. The lifetime option provides the solution forever with one payment.
Additional team members can be added to your account for $14.95/month (US). LearnDesk also provides other tools such as email marketing software, text marketing software, storage/streaming systems, compliance software, and branding controls.
Extensive support is included with your LearnDesk membership:
Onboarding and Software Training
Our team is available 6 days a week to meet with you 1-1 over Zoom to help you get started using LearnDesk and answer questions. Every Thursday, twice a day, LearnDesk provides live training on all aspects of our software. We will train you and your team on using LearnDesk through the LearnDesk Bootcamp. We can also train you in a 1-1 if you are unable to attend the Bootcamp. A recorded version is also made available.
We can help you migrate your content and customers over from the existing software system or LMS that you may be using.
Scheduled Zoom and online chat support are available 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Our product experts can help you resolve technical issues during your schedule.
Along with driving traffic to your programs through the marketplace, LearnDesk offers extensive insights into buying behavior of our users. A 1-hour overview (Marketing Fundamentals), a 4-week program (Marketing Success), and a 3-month program (Marketing Incubator) focussed on B2B selling are included.
Frequently asked questions
We address the most frequent questions related to LearnDesk.
Who owns my programs?
By using LearnDesk you are not transferring us your intellectual property rights. You retain ownership and all rights. We enable you to deliver content through the software we provide.
How can I price my programs?
You set prices. For example, you can provide access for free, sell for a dollar, or sell for a thousand dollars. You choose the price and how you want your customers to pay. Options include free, one-time payments, recurring subscriptions, and payment plans. Customers can pay you through credit or debit card, bank transfer, Apple Pay or Google Pay, etc. Support is provided for over 70 currencies. You can set country-specific prices. For example, you can set different prices for your customers in the US, Europe, and Asia. LearnDesk enables you to easily process payments and generate predictable revenue.
How do I receive payments?
You receive a 100% revenue share for all sales. LearnDesk does not charge a per-student or per-customer fee from you. You can link a bank account and get paid within 24-72 hours of all sales. You can also get paid via PayPal. Additional information is available here.
A lot of book authors make anywhere from high hundreds to thousands of dollars a month using LearnDesk. LearnDesk provides the necessary tooling to deliver programs and provides exposure through our marketplace.
Can I use LearnDesk in different languages?
LearnDesk is multi-lingual. You can use LearnDesk in over 50 different languages. All major languages of the world are supported. The complete interface can be configured to be in different languages.
How does LearnDesk promote programs?
LearnDesk promotes programs to several million people a month. We market and promote in the following ways:
- Ads: We run targeted ads for the website, categories, and individual programs.
- Search: Our content layout is designed to be SEO-friendly and LearnDesk programs show up when people search on Google, Bing, etc.
- Enterprise Catalog: We work with the learning and development (L & D) centers of large organizations to license programs.
Additional information is available here.
How does LearnDesk generate revenue?
Authors pay yearly or lifetime fees to use LearnDesk. LearnDesk also provides other software e.g. email marketing, text marketing, storage/streaming systems, compliance tooling, team support, etc. Pricing information is available here.
Can I market to companies through LearnDesk?
LearnDesk promotes programs to companies, organizations, and institutions to help with their Learning and Development (L & D) needs through the Enterprise Catalog Sales Program. Read more here.
LearnDesk does daily demos where we can show you the solution in a live setting and answer your questions. Book a demo meeting using this link.
- If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team, please book a slot using this link.
- Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link: LearnDesk Demo.
- Prepare a list of questions for your 1-1 meeting. You can email questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buy LearnDesk using this link. Email email@example.com to set up your training meetings.
- Explore LearnDesk: https://www.learndesk.us
Why use LearnDesk?
The following are the top 5 reasons to use LearnDesk:
- The Best Software: It's simply the best software system out there for book authors. You can sell more will save time, easily process payments and generate predictable revenue by using LearnDesk.
- Marketing Support: Tap into the millions of people who visit LearnDesk and become a part of a collective of authors to gain visibility. Each view that you receive is worth $2 - $3 as that's how much it costs to do promotions on your own through Ads or SEO.
- Build a Real Business: Get a 100% revenue share for everything that you sell. Set your own prices. Get paid instantly. LearnDesk is better than selling on your own website, without the need to maintain it, and you get help with marketing.
- Easy to Use: A single integrated system that provides end-to-end support from software to marketing without the need to hire an IT person, or admin staff, or perform complex technical integrations. Support is available 24 hours a day.
- Affordable: Every book author in the world can afford to buy and benefit from using LearnDesk. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. See pricing information here: LearnDesk Pricing.
See the solution in action yourself: Book a Demo
Listen to what authors, teachers, coaches, and trainers say about LearnDesk.
Dr. Richard Blonna
Dr. Blonna is a retired college professor who sells self-help books, training, and online coaching.
"My only regret is that I didn't start working with LearnDesk sooner. LearnDesk provides much more than hosting, marketing, and selling courses. LearnDesk makes setting up subscriptions a snap. I can build a true sales funnel on one platform with LearnDesk. Please checkout LearnDesk." - Dr. Richard Blonna
Steve is the founder of the Seidel Agency and MorePayingPatients.com.
"We were working with other platforms like Kajabi, Thinkific, and it just wasn't a good fit. LearnDesk has been super supportive. The customer service is great. They helped us migrate content, bringing it from another platform to their platform. We have gotten great feedback from our clients. I highly suggest you use LearnDesk." - Steve Seidel
Table of Contents (↑)
Steve is the founder and executive director of a non-profit called STEPS Ministries. STEPS Ministries works to help people improve their lives and prevent addiction.
"If you are building courses, I will recommend that you check out LearnDesk. LearnDesk has been very valuable to us along our journey of sharing our knowledge with others. LearnDesk is distinctly different. They are there to help you be successful and not just sell you products and services." - Steve Ward
Elizabeth is a professional instructional systems designer for the last 30 years currently teaching trauma-informed care and instructional design.
"Of all the platforms I have ever tinkered with across the internet for putting up my courses and hosting them, LearnDesk, and their training is the best, most robust, and grounded in the field of education, which is huge because there is a better chance of it being effective learning." - Elizabeth Power
Our users have consistently rated us very highly over years. There are a ton of other video testimonials and reviews from NY-time best-selling authors, Emmy-award winners, CEOs, college professors, teachers, coaches, and non-profits, and available at this link.
LearnDesk provides an end-to-end solution from software to marketing. If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link or attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link.