This launch guide provides a quick overview of LearnDesk for Professors and how it can benefit you. If you are not a Professor, please pick a different option on this page.
Table of Contents
- How do Professors use LearnDesk?
- LearnDesk Software
- LearnDesk Marketplace
- LearnDesk Pricing
- Frequently asked questions
- Next Steps
- Why use LearnDesk?
Thank you for your interest in using LearnDesk. If you are a professor, if you want to disseminate your research in an effective manner, if you have the mandate to educate and want to engage your students, if you want to improve the outcomes for your students, if you want to share knowledge and information with researchers/learners all over the world, if you want to teach globally, if you want to grow a following or monetize your expertise, you have come to the right place today.
LearnDesk started in 2016. We are based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. LearnDesk enables professors and college lecturers all over the world. Over 20,000 customers use LearnDesk to teach. We provide a couple of different things:
- Software: We provide an extensive software infrastructure for professors and college lecturers. What we have found is that teaching and research dissemination happens in many different ways. We provide systems that enable you. For example, you can self-publish research or provide supplementary materials for them including videos, files, documents, and presentations, if you teach live, we provide scheduling systems, and a material-sharing system, you can provide free access, or use our payment processing systems with specific teaching use cases. If you teach through recorded classes or lessons, we provide a learning management system (LMS). You can deliver videos, ebooks, documents, and digital products, and even build quizzes or assessments through the software.
- Marketplace: We provide a marketplace. Several million people use LearnDesk every month on a global basis. We can help you gain visibility and disseminate your research. We market live programs, recorded classes, videos, ebooks, and memberships in over 1,000 different topics and in more than 50 languages. If your audience consists of companies and organizations, your work can be added to our enterprise catalog which is focused on upskilling programs.
Through this launch guide, we will provide details on both the infrastructure we provide and the marketplace. We will help you better understand why so many professors and college lecturers use LearnDesk. As a quick note, if you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link. Also, please attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link. Our team does daily demos where we can show you the solution and answer your questions.
How do Professors use LearnDesk?
Professors use LearnDesk to:
- Self-publish research work and provide supplementary materials for their research including explainer videos, research reports, documents, presentations, and data files.
- Deliver live classes, training, and workshops that are held live online or in-person/on-premise/physically in groups or one-on-one.
- Schedule office hours or meetings.
- Deliver pre-recorded classes and programs with video, audio, documents, and text.
- Deliver digital learning content including ebooks, documents, presentations, quizzes, and assessments.
- Deliver a personalized digital learning experience for their students.
- Bundles and memberships including subscriptions.
- Sell internationally including the pricing for an international audience.
This section provides an overview of the software that LearnDesk offers.
What we have found is that learning and research dissemination happens in many different ways. So LearnDesk built an extensive software infrastructure to cover hundreds of use cases of research dissemination, teaching, learning, and training for professors and college lecturers. By the way, LearnDesk is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk.
Research dissemination features enable you to self-publish research work. It also provides the ability to provide supplementary materials for your research including talks, presentations, explainer videos, research reports, documents, and files. Capabilities include:
- Publish research articles: Build pages that explain your research papers and enable users to download the work.
- Presentations: Provide PowerPoint presentations that explain the research work.
- Talks and explainer videos: Supplement the research paper with videos of talks that you may have given or explainer videos.
- Research data and files: Provide in-depth research reports, supporting documents, explanations, details, comparisons, raw data, files, and other supplementary information.
LearnDesk includes software to help you easily disseminate your research. Please attend a demo of LearnDesk to see its capabilities in detail.
Live instruction features enable you to organize programs where you meet with your learners on a recurring basis (e.g. weekly, twice a week, monthly, etc.), organize individual sessions, and run workshops, events, or boot camps. The system includes scheduling, payment processing, reminders via email/text, and material sharing. Capabilities include:
- Sales pages: Build beautiful sales pages that include multiple pricing options.
- Scheduling: Provide recurring program schedules across time zones.
- Single sessions: Students can book 1-1 time on your calendar for single-session programs like webinars or talks or office hours.
- Event scheduling: You can organize multi-day in-person or online workshops through Zoom, Teams, or other conferencing systems in groups of various sizes.
- Material sharing: A secure material-sharing system is included for you to share documents, videos, and lessons of various kinds to supplement your live classes.
- Quizzes: Build and deliver quizzes for evaluation without external software.
- Progress tracking: Student progress can be tracked from within the system.
LearnDesk includes end-to-end software support to build, organize and deliver live programs of various kinds. Please attend a demo of LearnDesk to see its capabilities in detail.
Recorded class features include a learning management system (LMS) that enables you to deliver video, audio, text, documents, quizzes, and flashcard lessons through the system. Capabilities include:
- Build recorded curriculum: Hierarchically organize video, audio, documents and lessons into modules.
- Videos: Deliver individual videos.
- Digital products: Ability to sell digital products such as ebooks, documents, assessments, presentations, PDFs, files, etc.
- Bundles and Memberships: Ability to create bundles that combine multiple items.
Sign up for a demo of LearnDesk and get answers to your questions: LearnDesk Demo.
LearnDesk provides extensive support for payment processing. You can link a bank account through Stripe and receive payments directly in 24-48 hours for each transaction. Your customers can pay you through various means including:
- Card payments: All major card types and issuers are supported.
- Bank transfers: Customers can pay through bank transfer.
- Subscriptions: You can set up subscriptions and automatic billing at various intervals.
- Sales Tax and VAT: Sales Tax and VAT can be automatically collected.
- Trial Periods: Trials can be set up for customers.
Support is also provided for payment plans. Klarna, Afterpay, and local payment gateway integrations are available in select locations. Over 70 currencies are supported. Your customers can also pay you through Apple Pay, Google Pay, WeChat Pay, etc.
Other software features
A variety of other tools are integrated. They include:
- Discounting: Coupons and built-in discounting system for your programs.
- Sell on your website: A widget that enables you to embed your programs on your website so that you can sell your LearnDesk programs on your own website.
- Multi-lingual: Multi-lingual support within the website embed widget with more than 50 languages supported.
- Dashboards: Orders and revenue tracking dashboards with refund processing and cancellation controls.
- Contact information: Customer contact data is made available.
- Onboard your team: Team support is provided. You can add multiple researchers, teachers, and admin staff to your team. Team members can collaborate on programs.
- Email and Text Marketing: Email and text/SMS marketing software is provided that can integrate within your LearnDesk.
- Campaign capabilities: Ability is provided to build audiences and perform email and text marketing campaigns from within the system.
- Responsive Design: LearnDesk's responsive web design works on all devices and for all screen sizes. This enables your customers to buy and learn from you on the go. For example, this is the mobile phone view for a recorded class.
To summarize, LearnDesk provides end-to-end software to help with research dissemination and teaching. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk. Sign up for a demo of LearnDesk here: LearnDesk Demo.
This section provides an overview of the LearnDesk Marketplace. Along with extensive software, LearnDesk offers a marketplace that enables you to reach out to more people. Several million people use LearnDesk and we can help you gain visibility for what you do. The following are the main features of the LearnDesk Marketplace:
- Store-front: The front end of the marketplace enables users to browse through live programs, recorded classes, products, and bundles. Programs are organized into seven top-level categories covering a wide range of topics from Academics to Software.
- Categorization: Each of the top-level categories is further segregated into sub-categories and topics. For example, the Academics category has a Sciences sub-category. The Sciences sub-category has programs in various topics from Anatomy to Physics. Overall there are about 1,000 topics being taught. LearnDesk is adding between 10-20 new topics every month so we can add new categories for you.
- Profiles: Profiles can be built for the teacher/coach as well as your school to portray your expertise and brand.
- Multi-lingual: LearnDesk Marketplace operates in over 50 different languages. You can put together programs in any major language in the world. The complete customer experience can be customized to be multi-lingual.
- The following are the key marketplace demographics:
- Age groups: 24-40 (40%), 40-65 (25%), 18-24 (15%), and others (20%)
- Gender: Women (60%), Men (40%)
- Location: North America (25%), Europe (30%), Asia (25%), and the Rest of the world (20%)
- The average transaction value for paid products on LearnDesk is around $98.
- Successful models include monthly subscriptions for weekly live classes in the $200 range, multi-day workshops in the $1,000 range per participant, video-only programs in the $50 range, and digital products in the $10 range.
LearnDesk is priced so that any professor or college lecturer can afford it. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. If you are in the US, the price is $199.95 a year or $499.95 for a lifetime of LearnDesk core features. Country-specific pricing information is available here: LearnDesk Pricing. The lifetime option provides the solution forever with one payment.
Additional team members can be added to your account for $14.95/month (US). LearnDesk also provides other tools such as email marketing software, text marketing software, storage/streaming systems, compliance software, and branding controls.
Extensive support is included with your LearnDesk membership:
Onboarding and Training
Our team is available 6 days a week to meet with you 1-1 over Zoom to help you get started using LearnDesk and answer questions. Every Thursday, twice a day, LearnDesk provides live training on all aspects of our software. We will train you and your team on using LearnDesk through the LearnDesk Bootcamp. We can also train you in a one-on-one if you are unable to attend the Bootcamp live and provide recorded versions.
We can help you migrate your content and students over from any existing software system or LMS that you may be using.
Scheduled Zoom and online chat support are available 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Product experts are available round-the-clock to help you resolve technical issues.
Along with driving traffic to your programs through the marketplace, LearnDesk offers extensive insights into buying behavior of our users. A 1-hour overview (Marketing Fundamentals), a 4-week program (Marketing Success), and a 3-month program (Marketing Incubator) focussed on B2B selling are included.
Frequently asked questions
We address the most frequent questions related to LearnDesk.
Who owns my programs?
By using LearnDesk you are not transferring us your intellectual property rights. You retain ownership and all rights. We enable you to deliver knowledge through the software we provide and the marketplace.
How can I price my programs?
You set prices. For example, you can provide access for free, sell for a dollar, or sell for a thousand dollars. You choose the price and how you want the user to pay. Options include free, one-time payments, recurring subscriptions, and payment plans. Customers can pay you through credit or debit card, bank transfer, Apple Pay or Google Pay, etc. Support is provided for over 70 currencies. You can set country-specific prices. For example, you can set different prices for your customers in the US, Europe, and Asia. LearnDesk enables you to easily process payments and generate predictable revenue.
How do I receive payments?
You receive a 100% revenue share. LearnDesk does not charge a per-user fee. You can link a bank account and get paid within 24-72 hours of all sales. You can also get paid via PayPal. Additional information is available here.
Can I use LearnDesk in different languages?
LearnDesk is multi-lingual. You can use LearnDesk in over 50 different languages. All major languages of the world are supported. The complete interface can be configured to be in different languages.
How does LearnDesk promote programs?
LearnDesk promotes programs to several million people a month. We market and promote in the following ways:
- Ads: We run targeted ads for the website, categories, and individual programs.
- Search: Our content layout is designed to be SEO-friendly and LearnDesk programs show up when people search on Google, Bing, etc.
- Enterprise Catalog: We work with the learning and development (L & D) centers of large organizations to license programs.
Additional information is available here.
How does LearnDesk generate revenue?
Professors pay yearly or lifetime fees to use LearnDesk. LearnDesk also provides other software e.g. email marketing, text marketing, storage/streaming systems, compliance tooling for professional education, team support, etc. Pricing information is available here.
Can I market to companies through LearnDesk?
LearnDesk promotes programs to companies, organizations, and institutions to help with their Learning and Development (L & D) needs through the Enterprise Catalog Sales Program. Read more here.
LearnDesk does daily demos where we can show you the solution in a live setting and answer your questions. Book a demo meeting using this link.
- If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team, please book a slot using this link.
- Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link: LearnDesk Demo.
- Prepare a list of questions for your 1-1 meeting. You can email questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buy LearnDesk using this link. Email email@example.com to set up your training meetings.
- Explore LearnDesk: https://www.learndesk.us
Why use LearnDesk?
The following are the top reasons to use LearnDesk:
- State-of-the-art Tools for Research Dissemination: LearnDesk offers state-of-the-art software tools that enable you to effectively disseminate your research through explainer videos, reports, documents, presentations, and files.
- The Best Teaching Software: It's simply the best software system out there for professors and college lecturers. You will provide a personalized learning experience for your students and improve their outcomes.
- Easy to Use: A single integrated system that provides end-to-end support from software to marketing without the need to hire an IT person, or admin staff, or perform complex technical integrations. Support is available 24 hours a day.
- Affordable: Every professor, researcher and college professor in the world can afford to buy and benefit from using LearnDesk. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. See pricing information here: LearnDesk Pricing.
See the solution in action yourself: Book a Demo
Listen to what other users say about LearnDesk.
Dr. Richard Blonna
Dr. Blonna is a college professor who sells books, training, and online coaching.
"My only regret is that I didn't start working with LearnDesk sooner. LearnDesk provides much more than hosting, marketing, and selling courses. LearnDesk makes setting up subscriptions a snap. I can build a true sales funnel on one platform with LearnDesk. Please checkout LearnDesk." - Dr. Richard Blonna
Elizabeth is a professional instructional systems designer for the last 30 years currently teaching trauma-informed care and instructional design.
"Of all the platforms I have ever tinkered with across the internet for putting up my courses and hosting them, LearnDesk, and their training is the best, most robust, and grounded in the field of education, which is huge because there is a better chance of it being effective learning." - Elizabeth Power
Steve is the founder of the Seidel Agency and MorePayingPatients.com.
"We were working with other platforms like Kajabi, Thinkific, and it just wasn't a good fit. LearnDesk has been super supportive. The customer service is great. They helped us migrate content, bringing it from another platform to their platform. We have gotten great feedback from our clients. I highly suggest you use LearnDesk." - Steve Seidel
Table of Contents (↑)
Steve is the founder and executive director of a non-profit called STEPS Ministries. STEPS Ministries works to help people improve their lives and prevent addiction.
"If you are building courses, I will recommend that you check out LearnDesk. LearnDesk has been very valuable to us along our journey of sharing our knowledge with others. LearnDesk is distinctly different. They are there to help you be successful and not just sell you products and services." - Steve Ward
Our users have consistently rated us very highly over years. There are a ton of other video testimonials and reviews from NY-time best-selling authors, Emmy-award winners, CEOs, college professors, teachers, coaches, and non-profits, and available at this link.
LearnDesk provides an end-to-end solution for professors and college lecturers. If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link or attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link.