This launch guide provides a quick overview of LearnDesk for Teachers and how it can benefit you. If you are not a Teacher, please pick a different option on this page.
Table of Contents
- How do Teachers use LearnDesk?
- LearnDesk Software
- LearnDesk Marketplace
- LearnDesk Pricing
- Frequently asked questions
- Next Steps
- Why use LearnDesk?
- LearnDesk Reviews
Thank you for your interest in using LearnDesk. If you are a teacher, if you have the mandate to educate and want to engage your students, if you want to improve the outcomes for your students by using technology, if you want to deliver a personalized learning experience for your students, if you want to share knowledge and information with learners all over the world, if you want to monetize your expertise or grow a following, you have come to the right place.
LearnDesk started in 2016. We are based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. LearnDesk enables teachers all over the world. Over 20,000 customers use LearnDesk to teach. We provide a couple of different things:
- Software: We provide an extensive software infrastructure for teaching. What we have found is that teaching happens in many different ways. We provide systems that enable you to deliver a personalized learning experience to your students. For example, if you teach live, we provide scheduling systems, and a material-sharing system, you can provide free access, or use our payment processing systems with specific teaching use cases, a text reminder system and email marketing systems are provided, etc. If you teach through recorded classes or lessons, we provide a learning management system (LMS). You can deliver videos, ebooks, documents, and digital products, and even build quizzes or assessments through the software.
- Marketplace: Several million people use LearnDesk every month on a global basis. We can help you gain visibility. We list live programs, recorded classes, videos, ebooks, and memberships in over 1,000 different topics and in more than 50 languages. If your audience consists of companies and organizations, your work can be added to our enterprise catalog which is focused on upskilling programs.
Through this launch guide, we will provide details on both the infrastructure we provide and the marketplace. We will help you better understand why so many teachers use LearnDesk. As a quick note, if you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link. Also, please attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link. Our team does daily demos where we can show you the solution and answer your questions.
How do Teachers use LearnDesk?
Teachers use LearnDesk to:
- Organize live classes, training, and workshops that are held live online or in-person/on-premise/physically in groups or one-on-one.
- Schedule office hours.
- Deliver pre-recorded classes and programs with video, audio, and documents.
- Deliver digital learning content including ebooks, documents, presentations, quizzes, and assessments.
- Deliver a personalized digital learning experience for their students.
- Build bundles and memberships including subscriptions.
- Manage a team of teachers.
- Reach out to a wider audience, globally.
This section provides an overview of the software that LearnDesk offers.
What we have found is that learning happens in many different ways. So LearnDesk built an extensive software infrastructure to cover hundreds of use cases of teaching, learning, and training. By the way, LearnDesk is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk.
Live instruction features enable you to organize programs where you meet with your customers on a recurring basis (e.g. weekly, twice a week, monthly, etc.), organize individual sessions, and run workshops, events, or boot camps. The system includes scheduling, payment processing, reminders via email/text, and material sharing. Capabilities include:
- Sales pages: The ability to build beautiful sales pages that include multiple pricing options.
- Scheduling: Students can select recurring program schedules that work for them in their time zone.
Single sessions: Students can book 1-1 time on your calendar for single-session programs or office hours.
- Event scheduling: You can organize in-person and online workshops.
- Material sharing: A secure material-sharing system is included for you to share documents, videos, and lessons of various kinds to supplement your live classes.
Quizzes: Functionality is included to build and deliver quizzes.
Progress tracking: Analytics and progress can be tracked from within the system.
LearnDesk includes end-to-end software support to organize live programs of various kinds. Please attend a demo of LearnDesk to see its capabilities and ask questions.
Recorded class features include a learning management system (LMS) that enables you to deliver video, audio, text, documents, quizzes, and flashcard lessons through the system. Capabilities include:
Build recorded curriculum: Hierarchically organize video, audio, and lessons into modules.
- Videos: Deliver individual videos.
- Digital products: Ability to sell digital products such as ebooks, documents, assessments, presentations, PDFs, files, etc.
- Bundles and Memberships: Ability to create bundles and memberships that combine multiple items.
Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link to view the system and get answers to your questions: LearnDesk Demo.
LearnDesk provides extensive support for payment processing. You can link a bank account through Stripe and receive payments directly in 24-48 hours for each transaction. Your customers can pay you through various means including:
- Card payments: All major card types and issuers are supported.
- Bank transfers: Customers can pay through bank transfer.
- Subscriptions: You can set up subscriptions and automatic billing at various intervals.
- Sales Tax and VAT: Sales Tax and VAT can be automatically collected.
- Trial Periods: Trials can be set up for customers.
Support is also provided for payment plans. Klarna, Afterpay, and local payment gateway integrations are available in select locations. Over 70 currencies are supported. Your customers can also pay you through Apple Pay, Google Pay, WeChat Pay, etc.
Other Software Features
A variety of tools are integrated. They include:
- Discounting: Coupons and built-in discounting system for your programs.
- Embed functions: A widget that enables you to embed your programs on your website so that your student can get the programs from your website.
Multi-lingual: Multi-lingual support within the website embed widget with more than 50 languages supported.
Student data: Student data is made available and downloadable.
- Onboard your team: Team support is provided. You can add multiple teachers and admin staff to your team. Team members can collaborate on programs.
- Email and Text Marketing: Email and text/SMS marketing software is provided that can integrate within your LearnDesk.
- Campaigns: Ability is provided to do text and email marketing through the system.
- Responsive Design: LearnDesk's responsive web design works on all devices and for all screen sizes. This enables your students to learn from you on the go. This is an example of LearnDesk viewed from a mobile device.
To summarize, LearnDesk provides an end-to-end system that covers hundreds of use cases of teaching. It is easy to set up with no coding or design experience needed. You don't need an IT person to set it up for you. We will train you and help you set up your LearnDesk. Sign up for a demo of LearnDesk here: LearnDesk Demo.
This section provides an overview of the LearnDesk Marketplace. We offer a marketplace that enables you to reach out to more people. Several million people use LearnDesk and we can help you gain visibility for what you do. The following are the main features of the LearnDesk Marketplace:
- Store-front: The front end of the marketplace enables users to browse through live programs, recorded classes, products, and bundles. Programs are organized into seven top-level categories covering a wide range of topics from Academics to Software.
- Categorization: Each of the top-level categories is further segregated into sub-categories and topics. For example, the Personal Development category has a Career Development sub-category. The Career Development sub-category has programs in various topics from Career Coaching to Job Search. Overall there are about 1,000 topics being taught. LearnDesk is adding between 10-20 new topics every month so we can add new categories for you.
- Profiles: Detailed profiles can be built for the teacher.
- Multi-lingual: LearnDesk works in over 50 different languages. You can put together programs in any major language in the world. The complete customer experience can be customized to be multi-lingual.
The following are the key marketplace demographics:
- Age groups: 24-40 (40%), 40-65 (25%), 18-24 (15%), and others (20%)
- Gender: Women (60%), Men (40%)
- Location: North America (25%), Europe (30%), Asia (25%), and the Rest of the world (20%)
- The average transaction value for paid products on LearnDesk is around $98.
- Successful models include monthly subscriptions for weekly live classes in the $200 range, multi-day workshops in the $1,000 range per participant, video-only programs in the $50 range, and digital products in the $10 range.
LearnDesk is priced so that any Teacher can afford it. Both monthly and yearly options are available. If you are in the US, the price for the Essential plan is $99 a month or $79/month when paid for the year. Country-specific pricing information is available here: LearnDesk Pricing.
LearnDesk also provides advanced plans with more features for individuals and teams. They include additional tools such as email marketing software, text marketing software, storage/streaming systems with larger capacity, compliance software, branding controls, and assignment software. Please check the pricing information available here: LearnDesk Pricing.
Extensive support is included with your LearnDesk account:
Onboarding and Training
Our team is available 6 days a week to meet with you 1-1 over Zoom to help you get started using LearnDesk and train you on the software. Every Thursday, twice a day, LearnDesk provides live group training on all aspects of our software. We will train you and your team on using LearnDesk through the LearnDesk Bootcamp.
We can help you migrate your content and students over from any existing software system or LMS that you may be using.
Scheduled Zoom and online chat support are available 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Our product experts can help you resolve technical issues as per your schedule.
LearnDesk offers extensive insights into buying behavior of people. A 1-hour overview (Marketing Fundamentals), a 4-week program (Marketing Success), and a 3-month program (Marketing Incubator) focussed on B2B selling are included.
Frequently asked questions
We address the most frequent questions related to LearnDesk.
Who owns my programs?
By using LearnDesk you are not transferring us your intellectual property rights. You retain ownership and all rights. We enable you to deliver knowledge through the software we provide and the marketplace.
How can I price my programs?
You set prices. For example, you can provide access for free, sell for a dollar, or sell for a thousand dollars. You choose the price and how you want your customer to pay. Options include free, one-time payments, recurring subscriptions, and payment plans. Customers can pay you through credit or debit card, bank transfer, Apple Pay or Google Pay, etc. Support is provided for over 70 currencies. You can set country-specific prices. For example, you can set different prices for your customers in the US, Europe, and Asia. LearnDesk enables you to easily process payments and generate predictable revenue.
How do I receive payments?
You receive a 100% revenue share for all sales. LearnDesk does not charge a per-student or per-customer fee from you. You can link a bank account and get paid within 24-72 hours of all sales. You can also get paid via PayPal. Additional information is available here. A lot of teachers make anywhere from high hundreds to thousands of dollars a month using LearnDesk.
Can I use LearnDesk in different languages?
You can use LearnDesk in over 50 different languages. All major languages of the world are supported. The complete interface can be configured to be in different languages.
How does LearnDesk promote programs?
LearnDesk promotes programs to several million people a month. We market and promote in the following ways:
- Ads: We run targeted ads for the website, categories, and individual programs.
- Search: Our content layout is designed to be SEO-friendly and LearnDesk programs show up when people search on Google, Bing, etc.
- Enterprise Catalog: We work with the learning and development (L & D) centers of large organizations.
Additional information is available here.
How does LearnDesk generate revenue?
Teachers pay yearly or lifetime fees to use LearnDesk. LearnDesk also provides other software e.g. email marketing, text marketing, storage/streaming systems, compliance tooling for professional education, team support, etc. Pricing information is available here.
Can I market to companies through LearnDesk?
LearnDesk promotes programs to companies, organizations, and institutions to help with their Learning and Development (L & D) needs through the Enterprise Catalog Sales Program. Read more here.
LearnDesk does daily demos where we can show you the solution in a live setting and answer your questions. Book a demo meeting using this link.
- If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team, please book a slot using this link.
- Sign up for a live demo of LearnDesk using this link: LearnDesk Demo.
- Prepare a list of questions for your 1-1 meeting. You can email questions in advance to email@example.com.
- Buy LearnDesk using this link. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your training meetings.
- Explore LearnDesk: https://www.learndesk.us
Why use LearnDesk?
The following are the top 5 reasons to use LearnDesk:
- The Best Teaching Software: It's simply the best software system out there for teachers. You will provide a personalized learning experience for your students and improve their outcomes.
- Marketing Support: Tap into the millions of people who visit LearnDesk and become a part of a collective of teachers. Each view that you receive is worth $2 - $3 as that's how much it costs to do promotions on your own through Ads or SEO.
- Build a Business: Get a 100% revenue share for everything that you sell. Set your own prices. Get paid instantly. LearnDesk is better than selling on your own website, without the need to maintain it, and you get help with marketing.
- Easy to Use: A single integrated system that provides end-to-end support from software to marketing without the need to hire an IT person, or admin staff, or perform complex technical integrations. Support is available 24 hours a day.
- Affordable: Every teacher in the world can afford to buy and benefit from using LearnDesk. Both yearly and lifetime options are available. See pricing information here: LearnDesk Pricing.
See the solution in action yourself: Book a Demo
Listen to what other users say about LearnDesk.
Elizabeth is a professional instructional systems designer for the last 30 years currently teaching trauma-informed care and instructional design.
"Of all the platforms I have ever tinkered with across the internet for putting up my courses and hosting them, LearnDesk, and their training is the best, most robust, and grounded in the field of education, which is huge because there is a better chance of it being effective learning." - Elizabeth Power
Dr. Richard Blonna
Dr. Blonna is a retired college professor who sells self-help books, training, and online coaching.
"My only regret is that I didn't start working with LearnDesk sooner. LearnDesk provides much more than hosting, marketing, and selling courses. LearnDesk makes setting up subscriptions a snap. I can build a true sales funnel on one platform with LearnDesk. Please checkout LearnDesk." - Dr. Richard Blonna
Steve is the founder of the Seidel Agency and MorePayingPatients.com.
"We were working with other platforms like Kajabi, Thinkific, and it just wasn't a good fit. LearnDesk has been super supportive. The customer service is great. They helped us migrate content, bringing it from another platform to their platform. We have gotten great feedback from our clients. I highly suggest you use LearnDesk." - Steve Seidel
Table of Contents (↑)
Steve is the founder and executive director of a non-profit called STEPS Ministries. STEPS Ministries works to help people improve their lives and prevent addiction.
"If you are building courses, I will recommend that you check out LearnDesk. LearnDesk has been very valuable to us along our journey of sharing our knowledge with others. LearnDesk is distinctly different. They are there to help you be successful and not just sell you products and services." - Steve Ward
Our users have consistently rated us very highly over years. There are a ton of other video testimonials and reviews from NY-time best-selling authors, Emmy-award winners, CEOs, college professors, teachers, coaches, and non-profit organizations available at this link.
LearnDesk provides an end-to-end solution from software to marketing for teachers. If you have not yet scheduled a 1-1 meeting with our team please book a slot using this link or attend a demo of LearnDesk by picking a time at this link.