LearnDesk Recorded Class pricing details include setting up Access Type options and offering Geo-Checkout if Customization Add-on is enabled. There are different pricing types that can be added to a class.
LearnDesk enables you to add one or more pricing types to your Recorded Class:
- One-Time Payment: This access type works best when all content is offered together. The access model is a good way for students to start at a low one-time cost before committing to long-term subscription-based pricing.
- Subscription: This access type is suitable if the content is offered as drip content or new content is added on a periodic basis. The subscription pricing type enables teachers to improve the predictability of payments from their students. By allowing automatic recurring payments, teachers can get paid per a set schedule without waiting to get paid.
- Payment-Plan: Payment-Plan access can be used for higher-priced Recorded Class, which enables the buyer to pay the larger amounts as smaller parts over a period of time.
- Free: This access type is used by teachers who are setting up a new class, testing the market, and do not want to charge their students. Teachers typically use free pricing to engage their students and help them experience their teaching style. This eventually helps the teachers to funnel the students into paid classes.
- Enrollment: In this access type, teachers can enroll the students by themselves.
How to Add Access
To set the pricing of a Recorded, click on the class that you want to edit, and then click on the "Access" tab and choose the pricing type from the drop-down menu, as shown below:
- It is required to add at least one access type for a class - Free, One-Time Payment, Subscription, Payment Plan, and Enrollment.
- The teacher can add access type Free or a combination of One-Time Payment, Subscription, Payment Plan, and Enrollment.
- Teachers are required to set the pricing of their classes in USD. However, this condition is not applicable if the pricing of the class is Free.
- The minimum price that you can set for a class is USD $3.0 or its equivalent in other currencies.
Fields required to complete based on the Access Type:
Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the class. Select a value from the drop-down menu and then click 'Add Pricing', as shown below:
For all other access types:
- Currency: Select the currency in which you want to set the price. It is mandatory to set the first pricing of your class in USD. You can offer prices in additional currencies by changing the currency and choosing from over 60 supported currencies.
Price: Set the price at which the student will book the class. The below image shows how the "Price" shows on the sales page of the class.
- Multiple License Price: Set the price offered for the purchase of more than one copy of the recorded class. The value has to be less than the 'Price' value typically 90% of the 'Price'.This field is helpful in offering attractive pricing to users such as schools or organizations, which may require multiple licenses.
Compare at Price (optional): Set the original price of the class, which is higher than the 'Price'. You should typically set this to be 125% of the 'Price'. This enables Learndesk to show a discount you are offering on the sales page of the class. The below image shows how the "Compare at Price" is used to show a discount on the sales page of the class.
Billing Interval: This field is applicable for pricing of the type 'Subscription' and 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies how often you want to charge the student. The below image shows how the "Billing Interval" shows on the sales page of the class.
Number of Payments: This field is applicable only for pricing of the type 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies how often you want to charge the student. The below image shows how the "Number of Payments" shows on the sales page of the class.
Access Period: This field is applicable only for Pricing Type 'One-Time Payment' and 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies the duration of access to the class.
- Trial Period (optional): This field is applicable for pricing of the type 'Subscription' and 'Payment Plan'. This field allows you to offer a promotional access period for your class.
- Refund Policy (optional): This field allows you to set the refund policy for your class.
Select the "Currency" and input the "Price" and "Compare at Price". Next, click on the "Add Pricing" button. You can add prices in multiple currencies by changing the currency.
The pricing should be shown in the Access table of the class. If additional details such as 'Access Period' or 'Refund Policy' are specified, indicative icons will reflect with the Pricing Type.
Multiple Access Per Class
Teachers have the ability to define multiple access. Teachers can achieve that by combining one or more of the access types which include Subscription, One-Time Payment, and Payment Plan. This can be further enhanced by offering the same class at different access in different currencies.
Adding multiple access for a class offers flexibility to the student. This increases conversion rates and revenue for the teachers.
Students can choose from one of the multiple access options during checkout.
Multiple Prices Per Class - Billing Intervals
For Subscription and Payment-Plan access types, you can set access per billing interval. For example, you can set yearly, monthly, and weekly Subscription access for the same class.
Following is how the access with multiple billing intervals for a specific currency will show on the sales page.
The order of display of the billing intervals can be changed using the sort handle, for example, if you want to show the monthly access as the first option, followed by a fortnight, and then weekly. To do so, click on the drag handle for the respective access and move it up or down.
Teachers can specify access in over 60 currencies, including USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, INR, and more. The sales page of the class checks the location (country) of the user and displays the access in the respective currency. This automatic currency-to-country matching makes it easy to capture international revenue by enabling students to pay in their local currency. It also decreases the cost for the student by preventing currency conversion charges from being applied by their bank/credit card.
To take advantage of Currency-based access, the teacher needs to add access in each of the respective currencies. We recommend teachers use currency conversion software like xe.com to come up with access for all supported currencies.
Students are automatically shown the access set for their local currencies. For example, a US student will be shown access in USD on the sales page.
However, a student for the same class in Canada will be shown the access that is set in CAD on the sales page.
Automatic Currency Conversion
For the supported currencies, LearnDesk automatically converts the access of the class to the local currency if the access of the class is not specified for the given country/currency. This automatic conversion is applicable only for the One-Time Payment access type. For Subscription and Payment-Plan access types, the student will be shown the access in USD, unless specified for the given country/currency, as shown in the above image.
For example, if the student is located in Australia, and the access for the class is set in AUD, the student will be shown the access for the class in AUD. As compared to that, if the access of the class is not set in INR (Indian Rupee), and a student from India visits the sales page of the class, they will see the following prices:
- One-Time Payment: They will be shown the INR equivalent of the USD One-Time Payment.
- Subscription: They will be shown the USD Subscription access of the class.
- Payment Plan: They will be shown the USD Payment Plan access of the class.
If the currency is not among the list of supported currencies, the student will be shown the access in USD on the sales page.
You should continue to save the access, as you keep making changes. The "Save" button is located on the bottom right of the screen. You can also save using the keyboard combination CTRL+S on Windows and ⌘+S on Mac, as shown below:
You can preview the changes made to the access tab by clicking on the "Preview" button. Preview enables you to view the sales page of the class and access information from the student's perspective. The access will be shown as per your current location. Currently, it is not possible to view the prices in other currencies in preview mode. For example, if you are located in India, you will be able to see the pricing only in INR for your class, in the preview mode.
The "Preview" button is located on the bottom right of the screen.