LearnDesk Video access details include setting up the Access Type option and offering Geo-Checkout if the Customization Add-on is enabled. The details are added under the Lessons tab. There are three access options that can be offered for a video.
LearnDesk enables you to add three pricing access to your Video:
- One-Time Payment: The teacher can define the price for the video item.
- Free: This access type is used by teachers who are setting up a new video, testing the market and do not want to charge their students. Teachers typically use free pricing to engage their students and help them experience their teaching style. This eventually helps the teachers to funnel the students into paid items (Live Class, Recorded Class, Product, Video, Bundle).
- Enrollment: Enrollment is used by teachers to enroll students in their classes.
How to Add Access
To set access to a Video, click on the video that you want to edit, and then click on the "Access" tab and choose the access type from the drop-down menu, as shown below:
It is required to add at least one access type for a video - Free or One-Time Payment.
Teachers are required to set the access of your video in USD. However, this condition is not applicable if access to the video is Free.
The minimum price that you can set for a video is USD $3.0 or its equivalent in other currencies.
Fields required to complete based on the Access Type:
- Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the video. Select a value from the drop-down menu and then click 'Add', as shown below:
- Currency: Select the currency in which you want to set the price. It is required to set the first access of your video in USD. You can offer access to additional currencies by changing the currency and choosing from over 60 supported currencies.
- Price: Set the price at which the student can purchase the video.
- Multiple License Price: Set the price offered for the purchase of more than one copy of the product. The value has to be less than the 'Price' value. This field is helpful in offering attractive pricing to users such as schools or organizations.
- Compare at Price (optional): Set the original price of the video, which is higher than the 'Price'. This enables you to show a discount you are offering on the sales page of the video.
- Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the video.
- Refund Policy (optional): This field allows you to set the refund policy for your video.
The below image shows how these options show on the sales page of the video for the One-time Purchase:
Select the "Currency", and input the "Price" and "Compare at Price". Next, click on the "Add" button. You can add access to multiple currencies by changing the currency.
The access should be shown in the Access table of the video. If additional details such as 'Access Period' or 'Refund Policy' are specified, indicative icons will reflect with the Access Type, as shown below:
Teachers can specify access in over 60 currencies, including USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, INR, and more. The sales page of the video checks the location (country) of the user and displays the access in the respective currency. This automatic currency-to-country matching makes it easy to capture international revenue by enabling students to pay in their local currency. It also decreases the cost for the student by preventing currency conversion charges from being applied by their bank/credit card.
To take advantage of Currency-based pricing, the teacher needs to add access in each of the respective currencies. We recommend teachers use currency conversion software like xe.com to calculate access for all supported currencies.
Students are automatically shown the access set for their local currencies. As an example, a student in the US will be shown access in USD on the sales page, as shown below:
However, a student for the same video in Canada will be shown the access that are set in CAD on the sales page, as shown below:
Automatic Currency Conversion
For the supported currencies, LearnDesk automatically converts the access of the video to the local currency if the cost of the video is not specified for the given country/currency.
For example, if the student is located in Australia, and the access for the video is set in AUD, the student will be shown the access for the videos in AUD. As compared to that, if the access to the video is not set in INR (Indian Rupee), and a student from India visits the sales page of the video, they will be shown the INR equivalent of the USD One-Time Payment access.
If the currency is not among the list of supported currencies, the student will be shown the access in USD on the sales page.
You should continue to save the access, as you keep making changes. The "Save" button is located on the bottom right of the screen. You can also save using the keyboard combination CTRL+S on Windows and ⌘+S on Mac, as shown below:
You can preview the changes made to the access tab by clicking on the "Preview" button. Preview enables you to view the sales page of the video and access information from the student's perspective. The access will be shown as per your current location. Currently, it is not possible to view the access in other currencies in preview mode. For example, if you are located in India, you will be able to see the access only in INR for your class, in the preview mode.
The "Preview" button is located on the bottom right of the screen, as shown below: