The Storage add-on provides Cloud Storage for your school enabling you to seamlessly deliver videos, documents, and files as class materials to your students. Using this add-on, you can securely share files in various formats with your customers and build workflows based on how the students access the shared class materials.
You can upload, store, and stream videos and audio in various formats. You can embed PDF files, and provide your students the ability to download documents, presentations, file packages (zip files), etc. The integrated CDN provides high availability and performance.
You can build workflows based on how the students access your content. For example, you can track access and the system can automatically send emails when the students complete the viewing of a lesson. You can automatically issue certificates when the student completes the viewing of the course.
This article will cover information on Storage Add-on:
Features and Benefits
- Upload video, audio, and document files: You can upload video, audio, image, document, and other files to the cloud storage system. Most of the common file types are supported.
- Support for large files up to 10GB: There is support to upload, store, and stream large video files up to 10 GB. Each audio file or file lesson could be 1 GB. File attachments up to 500 MB are supported.
- Integrated global CDN for fast delivery: A content delivery network (CDN) consisting of a geographically distributed network of servers is integrated to provide high availability and performance for end users.
- Unlimited bandwidth: Unlimited bandwidth is provided for all of your students to easily and continually access their class materials.
- Bulk upload capabilities: Support is provided for per-class video, audio, document, and file libraries. Multiple files can be uploaded at once to the system.
- Integrated player with playback controls: You can lay out your video and audio files within lessons with an integrated player. The player has playback control options including fast and slow playback capabilities.
- Support for closed captions: You can provide captions in different languages for your video lessons. Support is available to upload and deliver WebVTT caption files for over 50 different languages.
- Student progress tracking: The system tracks the access and progress of the student for each lesson. Progress is displayed within dashboards for the teachers and the students. Notification workflows that email the student on the completion of each lesson can be built. You can also automatically issue certificates of completion based on student progress.
- Custom thumbnails: You can upload thumbnail images for every video. The thumbnail images are overlayed on the video and help enforce your brand.
- Enterprise-grade security: Hosted in the cloud, the solution provides enterprise-grade security, encryption, redundant storage, and high availability.
The Storage add-on enables you to easily share class materials with your students, delivery the content with high availability and performance, and build automated workflows based on how the student access the class materials.
The add-on costs $19.95/month for up to 10 GB of storage in the US. Additional storage is $1.50/GB/month. Country-specific pricing is available here: Add-ons Pricing.
Enabling Storage Add-on
- Ensure that you are logged in to your LearnDesk Account (https://www.learndesk.us).
- Click on 'Teach' to show the menu, and then click on 'Settings' as shown below:
- You will be directed to School settings, click on Add-ons tab. Scroll down to section Add-on - Storage and click on the “Add” button, as shown below (image is illustrative, refer to Add-ons Pricing for updated information):
Using Storage Add-on in your School
Preview Videos and Cover Images
As part of your school items including Pages, Live Classes, Recorded Classes, Videos, Products, and Bundles, you can add preview videos and cover images. Below is an example of how you can set that up in Recorded Class:
Under the Lessons tab of your Recorded Class, you can add the following lessons:
- Video Lesson: You can include videos as part of your video lesson. The progress of the video is connected to the progress of the student in the class.
- Audio Lesson: You can include audio as part of your audio lesson. The progress of the audio is connected to the progress of the student in the class.
- File Lesson: You can include documents, including PDF, PPT, and DOC as part of your file lesson.
- Quiz Lesson: You can build quiz lessons to include video, audio, and images.
- Text Lesson: You can include images as part of your text lesson.
- Flashcards: You can include images as part of your flash cards.
- Attachments: For each lesson, you can include attachments, which will be saved in your Schools Storage under the Media tab of School Settings, as shown below:
Under the Materials tab of your Live Class, you can add materials of the following types:
- Video Material: You can include videos as part of your video material.
- Audio Material: You can include audio as part of your audio material.
- File Material: You can include documents, including PDF, PPT, and DOC as part of your file material.
- Quiz Material: You can build quiz materials to include video, audio, and images.
- Text Material: You can include images as part of your text material.
- Flashcards Material: You can include images as part of your flashcards.
For each material, you can include attachments, which will be saved in your Schools Storage under the Media tab of School Settings.
Under the Files tab of your Product, you can add information in the following sections, which will be saved in your Schools Storage under the Media tab of School Settings:
- Cover Image: Add a visually compelling image that clearly depicts what your Product is about.
- Product File: Multiple file formats are supported.
- Preview File: This can be a summary of your product. File formats supported are .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .pdf, .png, .tif and .tiff
- Thumbnails: Awesome custom thumbnails lead to more views and more clicks.
Email Marketing Campaigns
You can include images as part of your email marketing campaigns.