The checkout process of a live class enables the student to view and select a schedule, apply a coupon, and make a payment for the class. The checkout process on LearnDesk is designed to achieve a high rate of conversion for teachers. LearnDesk checkout process accomplishes a high conversion rate because of the following features:
- The LearnDesk checkout process provides the student the ability to select the schedule as per their convenience. From the teacher's perspective, the student is able to view all the offered schedules for the class.
- The LearnDesk checkout process requires the user to sign up. This ensures that you have the contact information of the user, which can then be used further in marketing your additional services to the student.
- The onboarding step in the checkout process enables the teacher to collect additional information from the student, including address and phone number. This can also include student signing waivers, conditions, and additional agreements that might be required by the teacher to run the class effectively.
- The checkout process works along with the sales page to enable the student to pay in their local currency. This enables easier decision-making on the part of the student, while also decreasing their cost by preventing currency conversion charges from being applied to the student, by their bank/credit card.
- LearnDesk works with leading payment processor companies to enable students to pay via local/next-gen payment methods. With LearnDesk, students can make payments via Debit, Credit, ACH, Check, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other local payment methods as per the location and device of the student.
- The LearnDesk checkout process is localized as per the language settings of the class. The text appearing in each of the checkout pages appears in the language of the class. This localization makes it easy for the student to understand and complete each of the checkout steps.
- The teachers can offer coupons to the student to incentivize them to book the class. Coupons are applied as part of the checkout process and can reduce the amount charged to a customer. This can quicken the student's decision time and boost checkout rates.
The checkout process typically has three parts, schedule, confirmation, and payment. If you have configured the onboarding as part of class basics, additional steps would get added to the checkout process.
The checkout process gets initiated when the student clicks the "Book Class" button on the sales page, as shown below.
If the student is not logged in to their LearnDesk account, the student is redirected to login/signup, as shown below.
Once the student is logged in to their LearnDesk account, the student is redirected to the schedule page of the checkout process. The schedule page will show information as per the schedule type of the class, as given below:
- Recurring schedule: The student will be shown all the enabled recurring events for the class. The student will be able to select one of the recurring events to be able to proceed to the payment confirmation page, as shown below.
- One-time schedule: The student will be shown a calendar where days/dates are highlighted if they have available slots for booking. Once the student selects a day/date, they will be shown a list of all available slots. The student will be able to select a specific slot to be able to proceed to the payment confirmation page, as shown below.
- Fixed schedule: The student will be shown the complete schedule for the class including all of the events. The student can directly proceed to the payment confirmation page, as shown below.
The confirmation page shows the schedule selected by the student and the amount that will be billed to the student right now, as shown below.
In the case of a subscription or payment-plan, it will show the recurring amount payable and the number of payments (in the case of payment-plan), as shown below.
The student is provided an option to enter a coupon code, as shown below.
Once the student enters the coupon code and clicks on the apply button, the amount payable changes as per the discount offered for the coupon, as shown below.
Once the student has confirmed all the details, they can click on the "Secure Checkout" button to get redirected to the payment page.
The payment page for a LearnDesk live class is hosted by the payment processing company Stripe.com, which provides fast, secure, and easy checkout globally. On this page, the student is required to select a payment method and input the details related to the payment method, as shown below.
Once the payment is successful, the student will be redirected back to the class page. The "My Schedule" section on the class page should now be visible and show the upcoming events of the student for the class.
The LearnDesk checkout page is localized as per the language settings of the class. For example, if the class was offered in Hindi, the checkout page headings and text also appear in Hindi, as shown below.