LearnDesk Video pricing details include setting up Pricing Type options and offering Geo-Checkout, if Customization Add-on is enabled. The details are added under the Lessons tab. There are two pricing options that can be offered for a video.
LearnDesk enables you to add two pricing types to your Video:
- One-Time Payment: The teacher can define the price to be charged for the video item.
- Free: This pricing type is used by teachers who are setting up a new video, testing the market, and do not want to charge their students. Teachers typically use free pricing to engage their students and help them experience their teaching style. This eventually helps the teachers to funnel the students into paid items (Live Class, Recorded Class, Product, Video, Bundle).
How to Add Pricing
To set the pricing of a Video, click on the video that you want to edit, and then click on the "Pricing" tab and choose the pricing type from the drop down menu, as shown below:
- It is required to add at least one pricing type for a video - Free or One-Time Payment.
- Teachers are required to set the pricing of your video in USD. However, this condition is not applicable if the pricing of the video is Free.
- The minimum price that you can set for a video is USD $2.50 or its equivalent in other currencies.
Fields required to complete based on the Pricing Type:
- Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the video. Select a value from the drop down menu and then click 'Add Pricing'
- Currency: select the currency in which you want to set the price. It is required to set the first pricing of your video in USD. You can offer prices in additional currencies by changing the currency, and choose from over 60 supported currencies.
- Price: set the price at which the student can purchase the video.
- Multiple License Price: set the price offered for purchase of more than one copy of the product. The value has to be less that the 'Price' value. This field is helpful in offering attractive pricing to users such as school or organization.
- Compare at Price (optional): set the original price of the video, which is higher that the 'Price'. This enables to show a discount you are offering on the sales page of the video.
- Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the video.
- Refund Policy (optional): This field allows you to set the refund policy for your video.
The below image shows how these options show on the sales page of the video.
Select the "Currency", and input the "Price" and "Compare at Price". Next, click on the "Add Pricing" button. You can prices in additional currencies by changing the currency.
The pricing should show in the Pricing table of the video. If additional details such as 'Access Period' or 'Refund Policy' are specified, indicative icons will reflect with the Pricing Type.
Teachers can specify prices in over 60 currencies, including USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, INR, and more. The sales page of the video checks the location (country) of the user and displays the pricing in the respective currency. This automatic currency to country matching makes it easy to capture international revenue by enabling students to pay in their local currency. It also decreases the cost for the student by preventing currency conversion charges from being applied by their bank/credit card.
To take advantage of Currency-based pricing, the teacher needs to add pricing in each of the respective currencies. We recommend teachers use currency conversion software like xe.com to come up with prices for all supported currencies.
Students are automatically shown the prices set for their local currencies. As an example, a student in the US will be shown prices in USD on the sales page.
However, a student for the same video in Canada will be shown the prices that are set in CAD on the sales page.
Automatic Currency Conversion
For the supported currencies, LearnDesk automatically converts the price of the video to the local currency if the price of the video is not specified for the given country/currency.
For example, if the student is located in Australia, and the price for the video is set in AUD, the student will be shown the price for the videos in AUD. As compared to that, if the price of the video is not set in INR (Indian Rupee), and a student from India visits the sales page of the video, they will be shown the INR equivalent of the USD One-Time Payment pricing.
If the currency is not among the list of supported currencies, the student will be shown the pricing in USD on the sales page.
You should continue to save the pricing, as you keep making changes. The "Save" button is located on the bottom right of the screen.
You can preview the changes made to the pricing tab by clicking on the "Preview" button. Preview enables you to view the sales page of the video and the pricing information from the student's perspective. The pricing will be shown as per your current location. Currently, it is not possible to view the prices in other currencies in preview mode. For example, if you are located in India, you will be able to see the pricing only in INR for your class, in the preview mode.
The "Preview" button is located on the bottom right of the screen.