LearnDesk Recorded Class pricing details include setting up Pricing Type options and offering Geo-Checkout, if Customization Add-on is enabled. The details are added under the Lessons tab. There are different pricing types that can be added to a class.
LearnDesk enables you to add one or more pricing types to your Recorded Class:
- One-Time Payment: This pricing type works best when all content is offered together. The pricing model is a good way for students to start at a low one-time cost before committing to long-term subscription-based pricing.
- Subscription: This pricing type is suitable if content is offered as drip-content or new content is added on a periodic basis. Subscription pricing type enables teachers to improve the predictability of payments from their students. By enabling automatic recurring payments, teachers can get paid as per a set schedule without having to wait to get paid.
- Payment-Plan: This pricing type works best when the class offering is broken into segments, each segment tagged with the payment plan schedule. Payment-Plan pricing type can also be effectively used for higher-priced classes, which enable the student to pay the larger amounts as smaller parts over a period of time.
- Free: This pricing type is used by teachers who are setting up a new class, testing the market, and do not want to charge their students. Teachers typically use free pricing to engage their students and help them experience their teaching style. This eventually helps the teachers to funnel the students into paid classes.
How to Add Pricing
To set the pricing of a Recorded, click on the class that you want to edit, and then click on the "Pricing" tab and choose the pricing type from the drop down menu, as shown below:
- It is required to add at least one pricing type for a class - Free, One-Time Payment, Subscription, and Payment Plan.
- The teacher can add pricing type of Free or the combination of One-Time Payment, Subscription, and Payment Plan.
- Teachers are required to set the pricing of your class in USD. However, this condition is not applicable if the pricing of the class is Free.
- The minimum price that you can set for a class is USD $2.50 or its equivalent in other currencies.
Fields required to complete based on the Pricing Type:
- Access Period: This field specifies the duration of access to the class. Select a value from the drop down menu and then click 'Add Pricing'
For all other pricing type:
- Currency: select the currency in which you want to set the price. It is required to set the first pricing of your class in USD. You can offer prices in additional currencies by changing the currency, and choose from over 60 supported currencies.
- Price: set the price at which the student will book the class. The below image shows how the "Price" shows on the sales page of the class.
- Multiple License Price: set the price offered for purchase of more than one copy of the recorded class. The value has to be less that the 'Price' value. This field is helpful in offering attractive pricing to users such school or organization
- Compare at Price (optional): set the original price of the call, which is higher that the 'Price'. This enables to show a discount you are offering on the sales page of the class. The below image shows how the "Compare at Price" is used to show a discount on the sales page of the class.
- Billing Interval: applicable only for Pricing Type 'Subscription' and 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies how often you want to charge the student. The below image shows how the "Billing Interval" shows on the sales page of the class.
- Number of Payments: applicable only for Pricing Type 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies how often you want to charge the student. The below image shows how the "Number of Payments" shows on the sales page of the class.
- Access Period: applicable only for Pricing Type 'One-Time Payment' and 'Payment Plan'. This field specifies the duration of access to the class.
- Trial Period (optional): applicable only for Pricing Type 'Subscription' and 'Payment Plan'. This field allows you to offer promotional access period for your class.
- Refund Policy (optional): This field allows you to set the refund policy for your class.
Select the "Currency", and input the "Price" and "Compare at Price". Next, click on the "Add Pricing" button. You can prices in additional currencies by changing the currency.
The pricing should show in the Pricing table of the class. If additional details such as 'Access Period' or 'Refund Policy' are specified, indicative icons will reflect with the Pricing Type.
Multiple Prices Per Class
Teachers have to ability to define multiple prices. Teachers can achieve that by combining one or more of the pricing types which include Subscription, One-Time Payment, and Payment Plan. This can be further enhanced by offering the same class at different prices in different currencies.
Adding multiple prices for a class offers flexibility to the student. This increases conversion rates and revenue for the teachers.
Students can choose from one of the multiple pricing options during checkout.
Multiple Prices Per Class - Billing Intervals
For Subscription and Payment-Plan pricing types, you can set prices per billing interval. For example, you can set yearly, monthly, and weekly Subscription prices for the same class.
Following is how the pricing with multiple billing intervals for a specific currency will show on the sales page.
The order of display of the billing intervals can be changed using the sort handle. For example, you want to show the monthly pricing as the first option, followed by fortnight and then weekly. To do so, click on the drag handle for the respective pricing and move it up or down.
Teachers can specify prices in over 60 currencies, including USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, INR, and more. The sales page of the class checks the location (country) of the user and displays the pricing in the respective currency. This automatic currency to country matching makes it easy to capture international revenue by enabling students to pay in their local currency. It also decreases the cost for the student by preventing currency conversion charges from being applied by their bank/credit card.
To take advantage of Currency-based pricing, the teacher needs to add pricing in each of the respective currencies. We recommend teachers use currency conversion software like xe.com to come up with prices for all supported currencies.
Students are automatically shown the prices set for their local currencies. As an example, a student in the US will be shown prices in USD on the sales page.
However, a student for the same class in Canada will be shown the prices that are set in CAD on the sales page.
Automatic Currency Conversion
For the supported currencies, LearnDesk automatically converts the price of the class to the local currency if the price of the class is not specified for the given country/currency. This automatic conversion is applicable only for the One-Time Payment pricing type. For Subscription and Payment-Plan pricing types the student will be shown the pricing in USD, unless specified for the given country/currency, as shown in above image.
For example, if the student is located in Australia, and the price for the class is set in AUD, the student will be shown the price for the class in AUD. As compared to that, if the price of the class is not set in INR (Indian Rupee), and a student from India visits the sales page of the class, they will see the following prices:
- One-Time Payment: They will be shown the INR equivalent of the USD One-Time Payment pricing.
- Subscription: They will be shown the USD Subscription pricing of the class.
- Payment Plan: They will be shown the USD Payment Plan pricing of the class.
If the currency is not among the list of supported currencies, the student will be shown the pricing in USD on the sales page.
You should continue to save the pricing, as you keep making changes. The "Save" button is located on the bottom right of the screen.
You can preview the changes made to the pricing tab by clicking on the "Preview" button. Preview enables you to view the sales page of the class and the pricing information from the student's perspective. The pricing will be shown as per your current location. Currently, it is not possible to view the prices in other currencies in preview mode. For example, if you are located in India, you will be able to see the pricing only in INR for your class, in the preview mode.
The "Preview" button is located on the bottom right of the screen.